Hey, there’s plenty of stuff I’d like to see adjusted in bass fishing. As for complaints, I could make a long list from slow launching to careless driving in the parking lot and from hole-jumping to GPS tagging out on the water.
But sometimes, nobody’s really sure what the consensus might be on larger subjects until we ask. So I’m asking. Just give me a letter and a number and we’ll tally them up. There’s no requirement here to add an explanation. I don’t have the software to make this anonymous, so I’m just looking for the things that bother you the most so we can see how they compare.
A. What’s the worst practice in the marketplace?
1. Intentional limits on production or distribution.
2. Knocking off successful products
3. Over-charging on popular lures.
B. What’s the most troublesome thing coming out of tournaments?
1. Anglers misrepresenting baits and methods used.
2. Big egos beginning to dominate.
3. Cheating tarnishing the sport.
C. What’s the worst idea put forth by tournament organizations?
1. Super high entry fees.
2. Limiting anglers’ opportunities to tout sponsors.
3. Limiting most events to eastern U.S.
8 Responses to “Opinion poll: What’s wrong in bass fishing?”
Good luck finding consensus, but here is my $0.02.
All opinions are good opinions on these matters.
How about “Whats great about bass fishing”
B-You get to go fast and burn gas
C-If you are lucky [and good] sometimes you get paid tro catch them.
I like my list better George.
We should at least keep one fish to take home to clean, cook, and eat!